BigQuery offers a set of native metadata tables called BigQuery Information Schema, which provide comprehensive data on consumption and performance. Make the most of your investment in BigQuery by using the BigQuery Performance Monitoring block to identify opportunities to optimize performance and slot consumption:
Investigate windows and patterns of high and low consumption against capacity to optimize slot demand & capacity distribution
Identify troublesome queries and users driving performance issues
Monitor overall health and performance of the BigQuery environment, providing a central hub for database auditing. Views across multiple projects within your organization are supported.
Break down queries into granular job stages and aggregate these across queries to identify query patterns and opportunities for table optimization
This block requires a Service Account with the following BigQuery permissions:
- At the organization or project level, depending on desired scope
- Note that JOBS_BY_ORGANIZATION is only available to users with defined Google Cloud organizations. More information on permissions and access control in BigQuery can be found here.
- bigquery.reservations.list - To access BigQuery Reservations data
- bigquery.capacityCommitments.list - To access BigQuery Reservations data
- bigquery.reservationAssignments.list - To access BigQuery Reservations data