ASC Demographic Data
The Census Data Block makes it easy for businesses to incorporate population, age, gender, race, household, and income metrics into their existing Looker data models. Use our Data Block to analyze common demographic metrics at the State, County, ZIP Code Tabulation Area, or even Census Block Group level. Combine this block with your own datasets to:
- Identify areas of growth for your company by demographic groups
- Understand where different types of customers physically cluster
- Cohort usage groups and target certain subsections of users
- Analyze per capita usage/revenue
- Validate your own demographic data
NOTE: This block requires that Persistent Derived Tables be enabled via the Admin>Connections page.
The U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey (ACS) is an annual nationwide survey that collects and produces information on social, economic, housing, and demographic characteristics in the U.S. More information regarding the survey can be found on the Census Bureau website. This data block is derived from this Google Cloud Public Dataset.